For those who have been asking to learn more about steganography I would recommend beginning with the following sites:
- Wikipedia which in recent times has been updated with some really good introductory material on the subject including a bit about its history and the many forms it can take.
- Dr Neil Johnson's introduction produced by a man who has been stduying teh subject for nearly 20 years and gives both introductory notes and some good further pointers to more advanced material.
- Dr Niels Provos site which is produced by someone I tned to thikn of as synonymous with the production of leading steganographic tools such as Outguess.
- SARC which is a centre of excellence for teh subject and holds a large database of tools and techniques in use.
- SANS reading room has a number of relatively recent papers discussing steganographic techniques and tools across a variety of digital media.
- Digital Waternarking & Steganography by Shih from CRC Press
- Disappearing Cryptography by Wayner from MK
- Hiding in Plain Sight by Cole from Wiley